Domiciliary Care Worker Job at Emanuel Care Limited in Colchester
We have a great opportunity at Emanuel Care for individuals who are passionate, caring, has a genuine desire to help others and make positive impact to their lives. We require dedicated care workers who enjoys interacting with the elderly and most vulnerable in our community to join our friendly team.
We understand and value the happiness of each team members within Emanuel Care, this is why we have created a healthy working environment where each team members are valued, respect and supported. We have an “open door policy” to allow any concerns to be voiced directly to the management and to be acted upon.
Reasons why you should join us:
- Stability – During this hard and unprecedented times caused by the pandemic, we have continued to grow providing crucial support to the vulnerable people within our community whilst ensuring that all members of staff are safe to carry out their duties.
- Time – We ensure that each visit has sufficient time to carry out the task required with travel time also being considered.
- Local Work – Majority of the care we provide are within Colchester area which means the travel time are minimised.
- Support – We ensure that all members of our team are supported. We provide a shadowing phase and supervised visits to allow the new team members to be introduced to the people we support, familiarise with the setting and be comfortable to carry out the care plan. We ensure that you do not feel alone by having an on-call support.
Duties and Responsibilities
All duties will be carried out within the homes of the people we support with the guidance of the care plan tailor made for each individual. Duties will include:
- Assist with personal care
- Prepare meals and snacks
- Assist with medication
- Carry out simple domestic task such as cleaning, laundry and cooking
- Companionship and emotional support
- Caring and Compassionate nature
- Desire to help others
- Willingness to learn
- Enhanced DBS (proceed and paid for by Emanuel Care)
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- UK driver’s license
New to the care industry? Don’t worry. We offer a comprehensive training and support programme to ensure that you are confident and supported to carry out your role effectively.
We are proud with the outstanding work that our team do everyday and we ensure to express our gratitude by saying thank you to our staff for all the incredible work that they do.
If you would like to join a team where you are valued, respected and supported, then do not hesitate to apply and we will be in touch!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.35-£10.35 per hour
- Colchester, Essex (Preferred)
- Driving License (Required)
Company: Emanuel Care Limited
Company Location: Colchester