Diabetes Educator RN Job at Fountain Health (Hamilton, Bermuda) in London
LIVE AND WORK IN BERMUDA!
More about Fountain Health:
More about Bermuda:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform professional nursing, consultation, and educational services for persons with diabetes, and provides community health education. Develop a curriculum on health, including research and production, and act as a healthcare consultant by providing information on the prevention and management of diabetes for people of all ages.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of Fountain Health.
- Provide education related to diabetes and the disease process; medication, diet, and nutritional
- monitoring; foot care and eye care.
- Teach prevention and care of complications; blood glucose monitoring and the techniques of
- self-monitoring and injection.
- Develop and implement support groups and educational programs for diabetic staff, patients,
- and families.
- Advise patients as to long-term complications.
- Provide clinical resources and consultation to staff and physicians.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team.
- Assist patients in monitoring blood glucose for the purpose of medication control and
- Assess, monitor, and implement treatment plans for patients at various stages of the disease.
- The focus is on the prevention of complications and self – management of stable diabetes.
- Provide ongoing assessment and recommendations to the treatment team and patient/family
- for adjustments in the plan of care as required.
- Document assessments, interventions, and plans including recommendations and goals, progress
- notes and discharge summaries.
- Coordinate community outreach education classes
- Perform other duties as assigned and help with the day to day function of the office.
Other Relevant Functions:
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Comply with all policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine the appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers,
- talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
- Eligible for registration with Bermuda Nursing Council
- Must have a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or any equivalent certification in your country
- A graduate for a Bachelor’s degree in Nurse or any relevant degree
- Must be a licensed/registered nurse in your country of origin/practice
- At least 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- At least 2 years of experience as a Diabetes Educator or any related program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or must be obtained within thirty (90) days of hire
- Knowledge of diabetic education programs
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willing to relocate and work in Bermuda.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Free or subsidised travel
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- registered nurse: 3 years (Required)
- diabetes educator or any relevant program: 2 years (Required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
Company: Fountain Health (Hamilton, Bermuda)
Company Location: London