Developer Job at OLM Systems Ltd in Cwmbran NP44
We are looking for a Developer to join our Wales team, as a part of the delivery team our developers are responsible for the creation of functionality which helps OLM Systems take the complexity out of people’s lives through innovations in software. Our developers are not just programmers, they also contribute to analysis and design, testing and problem solving. They work closely with product owners and test analysts to solve problems with technology.
As a software developer in OLM Systems you will be required to:
- Help to deliver software to design specifications;
- Write high quality code which complies with best practice and OLM guidelines;
- Take responsibility for the timely delivery of functional requirements;
- Work with a minimal amount of support from senior staff;
- Write unit tests which form a part of the OLM continuous integration and deployment processes;
- Keep your technical skills relevant and up to date;
- Provide technical support where required; and
- Work with delivery team colleagues to contribute to both the team and the organisation’s goals.
Areas of Responsibility
As a software developer you are responsible for code quality, providing estimates on the amount of effort required to deliver an element of functionality and solving technical problems to deliver on organisational goals. Our developers have primary responsibility for the progress of issues from the point at which they are accepted from product managers to the point at which code is merged and ready for testing by quality assurance.
- Strong problem solving and programming skills.
- The ability to work as part of small, agile teams.
- Commercial experience in software development using any of the technologies in the current OLM stack.
How we work
We work in small full stack teams who own the components they develop, so you can be expected to contribute from the architectural design through to the devops deployment. Teams are autonomous, they work in the way that’s best for them to deliver their products, we have teams that employ Scrum and others that use Kanban, teams are supported to produce the best software they can, but not told how to do it. Teams also have other resources to draw upon, such as design, documentation and product teams. Our architects ensure that everyone is pulling in the same direction, allowing teams to build upon the progress of others.
What tech stack you’ll use
OLMhas a well trodden path, with Java and Node on the server side and React, with some legacy YUI on the client side, all connected by a REST layer. Our technical architecture is evolving, we are now building new products using a microservice architecture and are using a number of new technologies to implement this, including GraphQL for the API layer. Our products are all cloud based and deployed using Docker containers managed by Kubernetes, so you’ll get good experience of Devops CI/CD tools and methodologies. Whilst we encourage our teams to build upon our existing technology, we know that some times there are better tools for the job and you’ll be encouraged to suggest and use these, our development teams are in control of the technology they use, rather than being dictated to.
- A technologically enthusiastic company and colleagues
- A structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- Working to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged people
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work from home
- Relaxed working environment
- 25 days leave rising to 30 after 2 years
- Enhanced pension scheme
salary up to £45,000 pa
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00 /year
Company: OLM Systems Ltd
Company Location: Cwmbran NP44