Developer Job at Chadwick Ivy Recruitment in Welwyn Garden City
Core Platform Developer
The company provides a data fabric framework totally driven by metadata which helps turn client’s ‘big data’ into ‘smart data’. The framework is built on cutting-edge technologies that require talented and passionate developers to drive forwards with innovative ideas. The company has a presence in the UK, South Africa, Netherlands and USA.
We are looking for candidates to work on the metadata driven serverless core platform product, fraXses, and whilst the codebase is predominantly written in Scala they welcome developers with experience in in at least one modern functional programming language that have an interest in functional programming, with a view to transitioning to Scala. There will be some overlap with the database developers so experience in SQL/NoSQL is also a requirement.
* Demonstrates ability to write clean, efficient and maintainable code in at least one modern functional programming language, Scala, Rust, Haskell, F#, Clojure, or Elixir
* Experience in SQL development and database operations.
* Enthusiastic about working in an dynamic and fast paced development environment
* Must be self-motivating and have the ability to generate ideas for the future direction of the codebase.
* Experience with modern container environments – Docker, Kubernetes etc.
* Experience in using Linux environments
Nice to have:
* Experience of Apache Spark or similar data processing tools – Apache Flink or Apache Ignite
* Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
* Experience building and working with distributed microservices and service orchestration.
* Knowledge with a modern provisioning tool like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
* Experience in AI/Machine Learning.
* Familiarity with modern Continuous Integration and Build tools, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Bamboo etc.
* Remote work 2 days per week (optional)
* 22 days holiday plus additional days between Christmas and New Year when the company is on closure.
* Workplace Pension
* Health Insurance (family members can be included via a deductible)
International travel may be required from time to time.
Reference ID: 000005
Application Deadline: 02/07/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00 to £90,000.00 /year
Company: Chadwick Ivy Recruitment
Company Location: Welwyn Garden City