Data Analyst – Fund Management Job at Ramsey Portia in London
A leading fund manager is seeking a Data Analyst to join their Data Operations team. The Data Operations team provide data expertise to investment teams, securing data fundamentals, developing and operating the data quality framework.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide state of the art data expertise to support investment teams and build strong connections with business stakeholders.
- Secure daily data production tasks; delivering work of high quality.
- Manage instruments and portfolios data exceptions to secure core investment data (securities statics, classifiers, pricing, analytics, valuations and P&L) as part of the day to day production:
- Set up securities accurately and quickly as per the fund manager’s request so orders can be placed for trading; manage any exceptions when required
- Resolve issues/exceptions in a timely manner and escalate to management as required
- Actively provide updates to other team members, as well as internal stakeholders
- Perform daily data quality checks on Securities
- Have a full understanding of the operational lifecycle of data and securities within the Asset Management operating model
- Continually improve and develop procedures/processes as the business advances by presenting findings and recommendations to the team
- Participate in the implementation of data management processes and the rollout of our Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solution within an agile framework.
- Active involvement in data and core operations projects. Engage with stakeholders to understand and frame business issues, investigate and communicate findings and solutions to management.
The role requires:
- Ideally undergraduate degree in either Finance or Sciences
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the Asset Management industry, investment banking or financial vendors within a similar role
- Strong knowledge of securities static data. Understanding of pricing, analytics and portfolio valuation is beneficial
- Good knowledge of Bloomberg, Markit, Simcorp, Charles River. Knowledge of JIRA and Tableau beneficial
- Knowledge and skills related to Fixed Income and Derivatives products
- Good communication skills, culture of service excellence, and a solution-oriented team player. You will be comfortable adapting to a shift/rota pattern working style.
- Ability to establish and develop effective business engagement relationships with transversal stakeholders.
- You will be self-motivated, curious, and detail-oriented. You will have a proactive approach to problem solving as well as being disciplined, rigorous and forward thinking with a flexible attitude and business-oriented sense of priorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- static data within fund management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Ramsey Portia
Company Location: London