Credit Controller Job at DEEKAY REC LTD in Portsmouth
credit control officer – Portsmouth – 4 months contract -£11.32 / hr
PART OFFICE / PART WORKING FROM HOME
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader the main responsibilities of the role are to ensure that income billed to customers through the sundry debtor ledger is collected on a timely basis and that queries are pursued and monitored to ensure prompt resolution.
You will be part of a team of 8 working on the collection of income billed through the sundry debtors ledger, which could be invoices raised for a wide range of different council services, such as Licensing fees, Commercial rents, hire of school facilities, professional fees or a variety of different service charges.
In the role you will be ensuring that outstanding monies owed to PCC from our external customers are paid on time and to agreed payment terms
You will pursue and monitor customer queries to make certain they are resolved as promptly as possible. This may involve liaising with other Council teams as well as external customers.
You will have your own area of accounts to manage and this will involve monitoring aged debt reports and telephoning and corresponding with customers to maximise the collection of payment for current and overdue bills.
At times you will need to negotiate and make recommendations on how best to recover or manage outstanding debts.
You will need to accurately record the customer billing information onto the computerised recording system.
Taking payment over the telephone.
Producing monthly reports.
You will need:
1. A proven track record in credit control and collections work.
2. An up to date working knowledge of credit control and collections is essential
3. An understanding of financial billing and invoicing procedures is essential
4. To have basic accounting skills and the ability to reconcile customer accounts
5. To be confident with IT, including Microsoft Office and Accounts Receivable packages, and be keen to use the latest technology
6. To have experience with accounts receivable packages; knowledge of Oracle accounts receivable would be an advantage
7. To have a sound understanding of how the requirement for Data Protection applies to Credit Control is essential
8. To have excellent interpersonal skills, tactfully able to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external customers
9. A confident and assertive telephone manner with a professional approach is essential at all times
10. To be able to communicate effectively with a range of different types of customer, including individuals and organisations
11. Excellent written skills to enable you to write letters and e-mails on a daily basis
12. Strong negotiation skills and the ability to resolve challenging or difficult cases is essential to ensure the best possible outcome for PCC and the customer
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £11.32 per hour
- credit control: 3 years (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: DEEKAY REC LTD
Company Location: Portsmouth