Counsel, M&A Jobs in London – England at Willis Towers Watson
Title: Counsel, M&A
Company: Willis Towers Watson
Location: London – England
Type: Full Time
Category: Law/Legal, Banking
Position: Counsel, M&A
The WTW in-house legal team is responsible for advising on legal issues that arise in the course of business, ranging from commercial and corporate transactions and contracts, to litigation and claims, to employment law and compliance and regulatory issues. We provide seamless legal support on a global basis. The Role Reporting to the International Head of M&A, Legal, the successful candidate will be a key member of the WTW M&A legal team, assisting with transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other strategic initiatives both domestic and cross-border.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
• Serve as a key member of the M&A team supporting the M&A requirements for a large and expanding company with over $9 billion in revenues and $28 billion in market cap; assist with or lead UK and international transactions working with the company’s lead international M&A lawyer.
• Partner with Corporate Development colleagues throughout the entire transaction process and work alongside senior business leaders to provide objective advice.
• Lead preparation, review and revisions of NDAs, letters of intent, asset purchase agreements, share purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, investment agreements, strategic alliance agreements and all related ancillary transaction documents, instruments and agreements.
• Lead the process of gathering and integrating other functional advisor and stakeholder input on deal documentation.
• Participate in and/or, where appropriate, lead the negotiation process.
• Participate in and assist with managing the overall due diligence processes. Supervise legal due diligence activities, including activities relating to (i) defining scope, (ii) reviewing and evaluating all due diligence findings, and (iii) preparing comprehensive and professional due diligence reports.
• Manage transaction signings and closings.
• Efficiently manage use of and engagement with outside counsel.
• Communicate with internal counsel, transaction teams, clients, functional transaction team members and counterparty counsel regarding all aspects of transactions.
• Rapidly assess potential legal risks, benefits and consequences of decisions, present alternatives and propose solutions to achieve business objectives while skillfully managing legal and practical business considerations. The
• Degree or equivalent with relevant M&A experience.
• Extensive experience in a sophisticated M&A practice with a leading law firm or a reputable in-house position.
• Experience in the structuring and execution of M&A transactions, including planning for and managing due diligence, drafting transaction documents, handling closings and implementation and execution.
• Experience with the identification and assessment of M&A transaction risks, and an ability to provide practical, solutions-oriented advice to enable proper monitoring, management or mitigation of risks.
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate flexibility to accommodate demands of large transactions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team under strict deadlines, in a fast-paced environment with the ability to lead appropriate transactions through to closing
• Familiarity with collateral M&A responsibilities.
• Extensive interaction with all levels of management; must be effective at managing multiple projects across different time zones and prioritizing appropriately.
• High energy and career-minded corporate…