Copywriter Job at Currentbody.com Ltd in Alderley Edge
Who we are
We are the first company to recognise one of the fastest growing trends in the world of beauty. With modern innovation allowing manufacturers to create devices that mimic the technology used in treatments by professionals in salons, spas, and clinics, CurrentBody has brought together a complete selection of beauty devices designed specifically for home use.
We aim to offer the largest selection of safe, clinically-proven electrical health and beauty products in the world, supported by a team with exceptional product knowledge and who provide excellent customer care.
Who you are
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated candidate who has a way with words, brings ideas to the table and delivers engaging, informative and compelling written content. As part of our Marketing Team, this position is based at our award-winning new offices in Alderley Park, Cheshire.
As the world’s leading destination for beauty devices, you will play a key role in delivering unique content to create an exceptional customer experience through all our online and offline channels, putting yourself in the mind of the customer whilst working with various departments to support the business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce engaging, informative and accurate copy in line with the CurrentBody tone of voice, cementing our mission to be the global beauty device experts
- Understand target consumers, their needs, priorities and passions, and deliver a content strategy which meets every stage of the customer journey
- Create engaging and accurate copy across a variety of platforms, including product descriptions, category copy, editorial content, marketing copy, etc.
- Adapt content and copy to the audience and the business requirements in a variety of marketing channels and environments
- Conduct thorough brand and technology research to inform copy whilst working independently, delivering copy at pace to strict deadlines
- Monitor content engagement and create reports to inform and refine the ongoing content plan
- Repurpose and refresh evergreen content to ensure relevance and accuracy
- Work with the wider marketing and trading teams to ensure all products are strategically merchandised across the websites to maximise sales
- Sub-edit and proof-read your own work and that of Online Content Executives as required
- Coordinate with international trading managers for necessary copy translation
- Liaise daily with the wider Marketing teams on product workflow, brand information and priorities
- Conduct daily site walks, with the customer in mind, to maintain quality, accuracy and consistency
- Respond to ad-hoc copy requests/queries from across the business
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Marketing team to continuously optimise and improve our copy, always aiming to inform, inspire and educate our customers with compelling and original content
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a copywriting/journalism/content role
- Experience in an ecommerce environment with a good understanding of the customer journey
- Experience of Shopify is an advantage
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised with the ability to manage workload with changing priorities
- Excellent command of English with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong proof-reading and sub-editing skills
- Ability to work independently, delivering workload to strict and often tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of SEO best practices and how to apply them
- Computer literate in Microsoft and Google Drive
A portfolio of work must be submitted with your CV to be considered for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Work from home
- copywriting/journalism: 3 years (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Currentbody.com Ltd
Company Location: Alderley Edge
Job Category: Marketing