Construction Project Manager Job at Kavco Group in Dublin
Construction Project Manager.
The successful candidate must show convincing evidence that their compatibility of aspiration meets the needs of a growing, fast paced organisation, whose values include, Customer-focused, unrivaled quality, collaboration & teamwork, constant improvement, respect & trust, impact, for the common good.
Responsibilities of Construction Project Manager:
- Plan and direct retrofit projects from sale to completion by defining project scope, tasks, and required materials.
- Evaluate the progress of all projects, update project plans and take appropriate action to ensure milestones are met and risk mitigated.
- Generate weekly & monthly management reports of progress highlighting any concerns or risks to senior management.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, BER Assessors and technical assessors to determine the specifications of the project.
- Ensure the project requirements are identified, understood, and delivered.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach a profitable agreement.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise work on site and give guidance when needed.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Supporting colleagues with their daily activities and liaising with customers and subcontractors as required.
- Requesting and collecting all documents relating to projects and submitting to office on time.
- Assisting the sales and marketing team with project submissions.
- Keeping complete and full records of all procedures and actions.
- Identifying process improvements and lessons learned and implementing for future projects.
- Monitor and develop subcontractor base.
Essential Criteria of Construction Project Manager :
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Minimum third level qualification in engineering, construction studies, building science or relevant field.
- Strong Microsoft office experience.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, material, and project management principles.
- Deliver excellent customer service and be a team player with leadership abilities.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Possess knowledge of and passion for building science and the field of sustainable retrofitting
Salary depending on experience.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Construction Project management : 5 years (Preferred)
Company: Kavco Group
Company Location: Dublin