Construction Cost Analyst Job at EDF Limited – in London
- £25,000 – £30,000 plus benefits
- 12- month fixed term contract
- Full time/ part time
- Closing date 5th August 2021
As part of our plan to secure a low-carbon energy future, EDF Energy is leading the way in building a fleet of safe, reliable nuclear power stations in the UK. Sizewell C (SZC) is a proposed new nuclear power station that is being developed with a target to start construction at the end of 2021. Providing 7% of the UK’s current demand with reliable low carbon electricity, the SZC project will have a big impact in the drive to reduce carbon emissions in the UK and achieve net zero.
If you’re looking to advance your career as a Construction Cost Analyst, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join the SZC Cost Estimate Team, responsible for the construction cost estimate of the project as we move towards the Final Investment Decision (FID).
As a Construction Cost Analyst, you will be a junior member of the Cost Estimate Team reporting directly to the Construction Cost Estimate Programme Manager. You will provide support across the team including producing cost analysis, creating presentations, supporting the cost estimate engagement with the UK government and their advisors and collaborating with other Project Teams (including Financing & Economic Regulation, Supply Chain, Engineering & Delivery) on cross cutting assignments.
You will have the following main accountabilities:
- Data and analytical support to the Estimate Leads
- Assisting with preparation of presentations to internal and external stakeholders (including shareholders and the UK government)
- Assisting with the preparation of cost analysis as required to meet emerging requests from key stakeholders
- Supporting the consolidation of estimate information, ensuring a high level of auditability is maintained
- Supporting the external review/verification of the SZC cost estimate including EDF group audits, UK government and investor due diligence
- Helping with quality assurance of estimates, reports & presentations prior to external issue
- Maintaining strong links with Project Controls and Finance & Economic Regulation teams for monthly reporting, key enablers self- assessment and other cross cutting requirements
- Managing and monitoring delivery of any action points identified during meetings
- Experience of analysis and presentation of cost data
- Strong numerical and financial modelling skills
- Experience in handling and analysing large data sets
- Proven ability to build effective working level relationships across functions including at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills (including English language skills) including in visual presentations (eg PowerPoint), with the ability to analyse and present information clearly and persuasively
- Ability to take a pro-active, flexible, business focused approach in delivery of the role
- Flexible approach with a willingness to develop knowledge and skills in different aspects of the project
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and work on several workstreams concurrently
- Strong degree (multiple disciplines are relevant)
- Experience using tools such as CostOS (cost estimating system) and PowerBI
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
We are leading the UK’s nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK’s electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers’ homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
Company: EDF Limited –
Company Location: London