Compliance Operations Manager Job at PartnerRe in Dublin
We are looking to hire a Compliance Operations Manager to join our Compliance team in Dublin who will report to our Group Compliance Officer.
We are a global, diversified reinsurer with a local footprint who can step up to any challenge while remaining small enough to be adaptive and responsive. Reinsurance is a relationship business and we continually strive to live up to the promise of our name, PartnerRe. We are a centralized organization and bring a more personal approach to the marketplace with a distinctive balance of technical skills and client focus, expertise, and partnership. We are a truly global organization with a multicultural workforce.
In this business-facing role, you will be providing advice and assistance on compliance issues to various business areas, assisting the Group Compliance Officer in day-to-day compliance activities and delivering regulatory projects, liaising with key stakeholders and external auditors to address regulatory queries developing and maintaining systems for records and databases as required.
In more detail your responsibilities will be:
- Support the day-to-day management of Group Compliance operations.
- Project management: Manage compliance and regulatory projects globally and locally, and design and implement processes; apply project management and problem-solving skills to enhance the Compliance function. Analyse and produce data, metrics, and KPIs to support the vendor management process.
- Financial Management: Cost controlling incl. tracking of actuals against budget, manage the annual functional budget process, produce financial reports accordingly.
- Management Reporting: Produce inputs into Board Meetings, Enterprise Risk Committees, Audit Committees, and other ad-hoc reporting for Group Compliance Officer and Chief Legal Counsel or L&C Executive Team.
- Strategic Planning: Conduct an annual risk assessment to help define and articulate strategic priorities and objectives for the L&C team and thereafter design a process for the implementation of the defined strategy.
- Work closely with the Group Compliance Officer to implement the Group Compliance Framework and Annual Compliance Plan across the group; design and track key metrics of the group compliance plan.
- Focus on themes, underlying patterns, and opportunities for Operations to proactively address concerns and avoid future legal/regulatory actions.
We are looking for a self-starter, who is open to change, has a “can do” attitude, and enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners. As an ideal candidate you seek a job in a fast-paced multicultural environment, and bring along the following profile:
- University degree in Compliance, Legal or business studies
- 6-8 years legal/compliance experience in a complex environment, preferably in a consulting firm or financial services company (ideally in re/insurance)
- Experience working in a regulated environment and in the oversight of governance structures and reporting processes
- Excellent problem solving, project management, and research skills with relevant experience
- Commercially astute with a strong understanding of business, regulations, and compliance
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse set of senior partners using your excellent skills in English (verbal and written), as well as demonstrating your social competence and assertiveness
- International, cross-jurisdictional experience and exposure is preferred
- Ability to balance compliance/pro-business lens with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to analyze L&C obligations and develop control requirements
Last but not least, you enjoy working independently as well as within a team to build strong relationships with colleagues.
What can we offer you:
An international environment, where you will be challenged, will collaborate with senior specialists, and are exposed to multiple sections of our business in a wide range of countries. Our structure fosters empowerment and collaboration with various partners. In our agile team, your impact really makes a difference.
Reference ID: Compliance Role
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €65,000.00-€80,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- Gym membership
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Wellness program
- Work from home
All staff are working from Home.
- Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company Location: Dublin