Community Support Worker Job at Parity Care Ltd in Rotherham
The post holder will:
Behave consistently with the values and beliefs of the organisation and promote these on a day to day basis.
Act as a role model to colleagues, always seeking to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
Use your initiative and take responsibility for themselves and the quality of your work and the service you provide when supporting their clients.
Be an integral member of Parity Care Team and under the instruction of the line manager, develop the skills necessary to provide outstanding social support for the clients you support within the community.
The support you provide is based on the Parity Care “Bespoke Assessment of Need” as devised in conjunction with each individual client. Support will be carried out to the agreed standards, in accordance account with Parity Cares Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
Deliver exceptional standards of social care at all times. Ensure that care provided maintains the individual’s privacy and dignity, values diversity and respects cultural and individual rights and choices.
As a community support worker you will be responsible for supporting people with meeting their goals based within their home environments and / or local community. Activities of support may vary from, travel escorts, assisting with independent life skills, to assistance with accessing community based activities of the individuals choice, such as going to college, swimming, any other social and recreational activities identified by our customers.
Overall your main responsibilities will be to assist clients with activities of daily living as directed by the Parity Care Assessment and agreed bespoke support plan completed together with the client, which will continually be developed .
Successful candidates must have a minimum 12 months of experience supporting adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism or any associated disorders. If you don’t have such experience, but believe you have the transferable skills to be a valued member of our team, don’t hesitate to apply.
There will be opportunities to develop your skills in meeting specific client needs to ensure continuity of care is maintained. Training will be given and opportunities created to ensure your development and competencies are maximised. Progress through our organisational structure is also an incentive on offer.
Qualifications Required: NVQ Level 3 in Care or NVQ Level 2 in Care and agreement to undertake NVQ Level 3 in Care or equivalent when a training place is available
The post holder will be expected to meet the Care Certificate standards within 12 weeks of commencing employment with Parity Care.
If you don’t have any care qualification, but show a willingness to obtain them and have the personal skills we are looking for then please apply.
TO ACHIEVE PARITY CARES VISION FOUR STRATEGIC GOALS HAVE BEEN SET OUT, THESE ARE:
· We will always provide an excellent client experience
· Our services will always be safe and effective
· Parity Care will work in partnership with individuals and those important to them to improve the delivery of tailored support packages
· Parity Care will be efficient, inclusive and sustainable.
· You will be required to attend regular training and demonstrate continued competency in these areas of practice.
· Promote effective communication with clients, carers and colleagues.
· Be aware of safeguarding policies and issues related to vulnerable clients, reporting any concerns to Parity Care Line Manager.
· Report any changes or concerns relating to clients condition or circumstances to the Line Manager.
· Be aware of the clients nutritional needs identifying any barriers to good nutrition and note any changes in the clients condition, recording and reporting to this to the Line Manager.
· Ensure that client’s records are maintained in accordance with Parity Care Policy.
· Ensure the health and safety of self, staff, clients, reporting any accidents, incidents, hazards or defects in line with Parity Care policy and be aware of and attend all Mandatory training as indicated by Parity Care.
· Adhere to and promote all Parity Care’s relevant policies, Procedures and Guidelines and general issues, i.e. Health and Safety etc.
· Undertake appropriate administrative duties
· To contribute to the overall development of the service and promote a positive image of the service users and Parity Care LTD.
· To work in accordance with the Health & Safety Act 1974
· To attend and engage in regular supervisions, appraisals and performance review accepting and providing constructive feedback.
· Working hours can vary and be flexible to meet customers need. Set days / hours can be provided, weekend work.
Driver preferred, with clean licence (max 3 points).
There are options of flexible working, the right candidate can choose to work from 5 to 40 hours. Additional hours are available if required.
· Terms and conditions of employment are as per your employment contract and staff handbook.
· You will be expected to arrive on time for all shifts.
· There may be opportunities of availability of additional hours in other services within Parity Care LTD.
· Quality of care provided & timekeeping, regular staff reviews and appraisals.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent.
Salary: £9.00-£10.00 per hour
Reference ID: 003
Part-time hours: 5-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £7.00-£10.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Free or subsidised travel
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
As a company we adhere to the government national and local guide lines in relation to keeping covid-19 secure.
- Support Environment: 1 year (Required)
- Rotherham, South Yorkshire (Preferred)
- Nvq 2-3 care certificate. Driving Licence. (Preferred)
Company: Parity Care Ltd
Company Location: Rotherham