Commis Pastry Chef Jobs in Leicester – England at First Contact Chefs
Title: Commis Pastry Chef
Company: First Contact Chefs
Location: Leicester – England
Type: Full Time
Category: Restaurant/Food Service, Hospitality/Catering
Position: COMMIS PASTRY CHEF – £21,000
This elegant and luxurious award winning 2AA Hotel set within stunning Leicestershire countryside is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Pastry Demi Chef de Partie to join the kitchen team.
One of the hotels restaurants is set within an outstanding architectural feature,and has an ever changing seasonal menu to suit guests and customer appetites and can accomodate over 100+ for this luxury dining venue. The hotels 2AA restaurant is a unique experience for guests and customers with its wonderful designed menu that has an emphasis on using only the finest local produce in an imaginative and innovative way.
Responsibilitiesfor this Pastry Demi Chef de Partie opportunity are:
– To run the section in the absence of the Chef de Partie
– To prepare food to a consistently high quality in line with menu specifications
– To suggest daily specials incorporating seasonal ingredients
– To assist with training and development of trainees within your section
– To liaise with Sous Chefs and Chef de Parties to ensure exceptional service levels are consistently delivered to guests.
– To accept and check deliveries from agreed suppliers to ensure that they are to the specification requested.
Responsibilitiesfor this Pastry Demi Chef de Partie position will include:
– To ensure all equipment within your section is maintained and in a clean working condition
– To report faulty equipment to Sous Chef / Head Chef
– To work within the agreed departmental budget
– To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility
As Pastry Demi Chef de Partie you must also be able to:
– To monitor stock levels within your section and order using the correct procedures
– To control and manage to an agreed budget maximising yield at every opportunity
– To monitor stock rotation
– Interact with other members of Team and support where appropriate
– Attendance at meetings as requested by Sous Chef / Head Chef.
To Apply For This
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information about this role.
Visit firstcontactchefs.com for other Great New Career Opportunities.
This is a permanent position.
All applicants will have a stable CV with excellent traceable references. The person to suit must be experienced in fresh produce
Should also possess NVQ level 1&2 or equivalent, and hygiene certificate.
You must either be working in or a resident in the United Kingdom to apply for this position . You must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom to apply for this role, you must be a UK/EU Citizen and have ILR/PR status or hold a work permit /visa with at least 2 years remaining .In
line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven’t contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in …