Commercial Estimating Engineer Job at Metaltech Precision Limited in Chard TA20
We can offer you:
- full time & permanent contract
- company pension scheme
- company profit sharing scheme which returns 10% of company profits to employee
- free golf membership
- reduced price corporate gym membership
- child care vouchers
- we operate from a modern air conditioned factory with great working conditions and exemplary Health & Safety systems
- strong background in mechanical engineering
- ability to understand & interpret engineering drawings
- attention to detail
- high level of computer & IT skills. Proficient in excel & Word.
- communication & customer service skills
- self-motivated and a good team member
- previous experience in a CNC machining subcontract company would be advantageous
- Review all enquiries sent to the sales mailbox and upload onto estimating system.
- Prepare each enquiry with relevant drawings & part documentation pack
- Obtain required raw material & subcontract process prices
- Produce quotation documents & costing spreadsheets
- Evaluate customer requirements for machined & fabricated parts
- Liase with customers to confirm technical specifications where required
- Estimate manufacturing costs & review with production team as required
- Review previous profitability & performance on enquiries for repeat parts
- Complete contract review
- Produce and submit quotations to customers
- Progress submitted quotations to obtain client feedback & prepare win/loss KPIs
- Professionally interact with our customers either through email, telephone or site visits to further client satisfaction & increase sales opportunities.
About us & the role:
Metaltech Precision are the South-West of England’s leading sub-contract manufacturing company. Being an established leader in the manufacture of large precision machined components, this organisation has been growing year on year with an existing and new client base of high profile, global organisations. Due to this continued growth and consistent re-investment, there are now an opportunity for an experienced Commercial Estimating Engineer.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Managing Director on a daily basis so only applicants who have a strong work ethic & desire to further their career in engineering need apply.
Please only apply if residing within 20 miles of our site or permanently locating to this area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Company: Metaltech Precision Limited
Company Location: Chard TA20