Commercial Capability & Supplier Management Lead Job at UK Government – Department of Health and Social Care – in London
- Leading Head of Profession (capability) Plan activity by working with the Commercial Director and DD’s to set the commercial capability strategy for the health family;
- Engaging with and managing stakeholders across the health family to co-create capability plans, agree key milestones and meet associated deadlines;
- Ensuring our capability offer aligns with key priorities of the GCF, ALB and wider health system capability agendas where relevant;
- Support team in achieving our strategic capability objectives to mature our offer whilst handling competing priorities;
- To support a development plan to improve CM skills across the Department, its ALBs and the wider health system through supporting our bespoke Commercial Health Family Development Programme, CM networking events, workshops, and sharing of leading CM practice across the health family and other government departments;
- To support Operational Contract Managers in the management of our Silver and Bronze contracts. This will involve proportionate implementation of CM tools, risk and issue management; contract review, extensions, renewals and resolving any escalated issues.
- Liaise across other government departments and Crown Commercial Services regarding CM best practice.
- Provide commercial support and decision making across the operational contract management space to ensure that contracts are delivering the strategic objectives of the department and are delivering value for money.
- Support the delivery of DHSC’s strategic goals by building sustainable commercial relationships that deliver value and compliance with governance procedures.
Making effective decisions
- Analyse and use a range of relevant, credible information from internal and external sources to support commercial and capability decisions.
- Invite challenge and where appropriate involve others in decision making to help maintain and continuously improve a credible and value add service offer.
- Establish professional relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Invest time to ensure a unified approach is the basis upon which work is scoped, shaped and delivered through collaborative working.
Managing a Quality Service
- Successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet the customers’ needs and gives values for money.
- Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and services to ensure delivery of professional excellence.
Working at pace
- Being able to meet urgent requirements through a flexible service offer that is responsive to customer’s needs.
- Utilise appropriate resources by working across teams and organisational boundaries to land shared objectives and collective priorities.
The role holder must have operational experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Commercial Capability
- Supplier Management
- member of, or studying for members of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS)
- member of, or studying for membership of, the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM)
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Making Effective Decisions
Delivering at Pace
Managing a Quality Service
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Company: UK Government – Department of Health and Social Care –
Company Location: London