Client Side Developer Job at Guardian News & Media – in London
The Guardian is one of the world’s biggest liberal news organisations. We are renowned for our groundbreaking independent journalism, our award-winning digital products and excellent engineering team.
Development of digital products is central to the Guardian. You could be building the products that showcase our progressive and independent journalism, crafting the tools that journalists use to write their stories, developing the services that allow those stories to be distributed across the globe, or safeguarding our financial future.
We are now looking for a Client Side Developer to join the team.
- You are a creative, passionate, and intelligent person who loves technology.
- You may love the news or you may want to reinvent it.
- You take an interest in why we do things, and you’re able to focus on delivering value for your team.
- You are a talented developer who is, or aspires to be, an expert in their chosen field and you have a strong interest in growing your skills in all web development disciplines.
- You can make intelligent choices regarding what technologies to use and when to use them.
You can see the full job description here
What we offer
- Flexible working (see below for details)
- Generous pension scheme; if you contribute 5% then the Guardian will contribute 8-12% (depending on your age)
- Mental and Physical Health insurance and dental scheme
- 26 days annual leave and the option to purchase an extra 5 days
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave at full pay
- Multi-faith prayer room
- Cycle to work scheme and subsidised gym membership
- Paid volunteering days
- Annual season ticket loan
More about flexible working
We encourage flexible working to better balance the needs of the company and employees as their circumstances change over time, and in order to attract and retain a diverse team. No two situations are identical, so please discuss with us at or before offer stage. In order to help applicants, here are some broad guidelines of the level of flexibility we are able to give for remote working.
If you are full time and wish to work at home, expect to be required to work in the office while you get up to speed, and then at least 60% time in the office after that in order to maintain a relationship with the wider team. In the long term it may be possible to go as low as 1 day a week.
We strive for transparency in remuneration. The salary for new developers at the Guardian is £49.6k.
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds, different lived experiences and different perspectives. A diverse team means we can better reflect and engage our global audience.
We believe in hiring the best people from the widest pool, and also in including them, fostering a culture where people’s voices can be heard and our employees look forward to coming to work.
To apply for this position please upload your CV, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
Our interview process involves 2 stages: a face to face interview and a pairing test, both interview stages are currently being conducted remotely.
Find out more about our hiring process here
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Guardian News & Media –
Company Location: London