CIB_Control Manager Analyst Job at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in Bournemouth
The CCS team work within an exciting and busy environment managing ever- changing regulations and controls in order to facilitate correct monitoring, review and reporting of the activities undertaken within the scope of the many Control Programs supported. There is a strong focus on maintaining strong and consistent controls ensuring that these controls are designed effectively and can be sustained across the CIB Front office personnel to mitigate operational risk. This work is combined with the ongoing education of CIB Front office employees of the relevant Control Programs rules in conjunction with the team’s Legal and Compliance partners and the relevant LOB’s Business Control Managers.
- Ensure that all monitoring and reporting is completed accurately, consistently and to the timeframe agreed. Ensure decisions are made on robust and comprehensive evidence. Identify in these reviews any significant gaps in adherence to the required controls and ensure these are clearly communicated to the relevant parties.
- Partner with Business Control managers, Legal and Compliance to ensure controls are effective and reflect the latest status of regulations. Ensure the controls are properly designed and operating effectively.
- Provide the Front office personnel with correct support and guidance on their individual obligations to meet regulations for the business interactions that they conduct.
- Support the technical creation of data sensitive reporting ensuring a high standard of accuracy, relevance and correctness. Ensure adherence to the controls surrounding the creation of this reporting thereby, avoiding in correct information being published and distributed. Maintain adherence to the strict controls to prevent data breaches.
- Maintain the specific access controls that are utilised to regulate individual access to specialised platforms, applications dealing with employee behaviour reporting.
- Ensure that any relevant queries received into the team are answered correct, efficiently and in a timely manner. Make sure that enquires received are managed in a controlled and organised manner.
- Support overall meeting administration (e.g. Business Control Committees, Business Control Forums), including production and distribution of the materials ensuring reviews of data are completed to ensure quality information is provided within the materials.
- Participate in learning new business processes that arise due to additional/enhanced regulations that require implementation into the current control framework
- Experience in Financial Services, Operational Risk Management, Control Oversight
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Business knowledge – ability to understand the business / basic knowledge of regulation surrounding business. Quick to learn new processes, systems etc. Creative and innovative problem solver
- Communication – confident communications skills both orally and in writing and with the ability to adapt style to suit the audience. Effective listening skills with ability to identify people’s issues quickly
- Networking – strong interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills. Client-service focused team player who operates with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Adaptable in working style and comfortable working within ever changing environment
- Organization – attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities. Can think and act in pressured and time sensitive situations.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills – identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and mitigate risk to the firm. Knows when to escalate matters for appropriate resolution
- Tools / Technology – comfortable in utilising and navigating different systems, applications.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Company Location: Bournemouth