Children Nursery Nurse / Assistant Job at Blossom Recruitment Limited in Crayford
We are currently recruiting for passionate Nursery Nurses and Assistants to join a wonderful Day Nursery and Preschool. The nursery is situated very close to the town center and is just a 5 minute walk from the train station.
As a Nursery Nurse / Assistant working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs
- Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach
- Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision
- Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies
- Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times
- Full and relevant Level 2 or equivalent in childcare
- Paediatric First Aid
We look forward to receiving your application!
Because of the nature of this job working with vulnerable sections of the society we would be looking at enhanced suitability checks including criminal and health suitability.
It will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings).
This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is “protected” as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such ‘protected’ conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. All guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found in the DBS filtering collection, available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-filtering-guidance. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £7.00-£9.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The nursery has a detailed COVID Risk Assessment. Including daily disinfecting of th nursery with a fogger machine.
- Childcare: 3 years (Required)
- A-Level or equivalent (Required)
Company: Blossom Recruitment Limited
Company Location: Crayford