Caretaker – Part Time Job at Sanctuary Group in Salisbury
Caretaker – Part Time
John Baker House, Salisbury
£9.67 per hour (rising to £9.97 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
12 hours per week – flexible hours to suit successful candidate
We are seeking a Caretaker to play a vital role in maintaining a safe and well presented environment by carrying out general maintenance in the scheme and grounds, whilst respecting the privacy and dignity of service users. John Baker House is an eighteen bed, homeless hostel situated in Salisbury city centre. We work with a range of services to address the support needs of our residents. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Caretaker will include:
- Carrying out weekly health and safety checks in line with established procedures and guidelines
- Carrying out repairs
- Supporting the staff team doing jobs about the building and grounds
- Keeping accurate records of works carried out
- Maintaining and accounting for tools and equipment
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar caretaking or maintenance role not essential
- Practical skills in identifying and/or carrying out minor repairs
- An understanding of basic health and safety
- Good communication with colleagues
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click
Closing Date: 3 December 2020
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Supported Living, take a look at our feed or search
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Company: Sanctuary Group
Company Location: Salisbury