Care Assistant Job at Morfa Newydd Care Home – in Holywell
Health Care Assistant Days and Nights
Morfa Newydd Care Home – Holywell
This job description is non-contractual and may be amended by us from time to time.
Your line manager or person in charge will give you working instructions and directions.
You will work as part of a team and this may involve duties other than those for which you are primarily employed which will be appropriate to your skills and abilities.
Reports to: The Home Manager/Lead Clinical Nurse
The principle tasks of the role are:
- To work within the team and ensure you contribute to the day to day running of the Home.
The duties and responsibilities your role are:
- To contribute to efficient operation of the Home.
- To work as part of a team, Key Worker and give support to other staff.
- To contribute and participate in staff meetings/staff training.
- To adhere to the Homes policies and procedures.
- To observe the conditions of employment and health and safety policy.
- To give support and guidance to new or junior staff.
- To enhance and promote the residents quality of life.
- To work under supervision of the Nurse or Manager in charge.
- To be caring, sympathetic and tactful when dealing with residents and relatives.
- Assist residents with their personal care giving help in areas of bathing, washing, dressing and maintaining personal hygiene and sanitary requirements.
- To promote physical, mental and social recreational activities and participate in them.
- To report and record relevant information, relaying any concerns to the senior member of staff or manager.
- To take care of the Homes contents and maintain the tidy appearance of the Home.
- To ensure that the bedrooms and common facilities are clean, tidy and hygienic.
- To treat the residents individually, with respect and preserve dignity.
Perform other related duties not specifically described in this job description which may from time to time be assigned by the home.
Roles & Responsibilities Statement
Standards of Performance
Your performance will be measured by reference to practices/targets set around the following:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures
- Activities of daily living
- Maintenance of care documents
The core competencies, skills and experience required to conduct the role include:
Core Competencies & Skills
Refer to QCF Level 2/3 care
Qualifications & Experience
QCF level 2/3 desired but not essential
- Respect for clients
- Respect for colleagues
- Professional image at all times
- Demonstrating patience and understanding at all times
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £8.91 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Company: Morfa Newydd Care Home –
Company Location: Holywell