C# Developer Job at Utilita Energy in Chandlers Ford
At Utilita we believe in enabling people to be the best that they can be. Our determination to succeed is achieved by us working together with a common goal: to service our customers in the best possible way and challenge the status quo.
So how do we do that?
- By using innovative technology. Our award-winning App, My Utilita, is one of the top three of its kind on Google Play, and our continued focus on using new technology is why Utilita is ranked third in the Southern Tech 100. Our regulator, OFGEM, has praised us for the technology we use to interact with our vulnerable customers.
- We have a product to be proud of. Utilita were the first to install a SMART meter back in 2008. We currently have around 800,000 customers and we are going from strength to strength, diversifying our portfolio into other pay as you go offerings.
- Making a difference for our customers. Every month Utilita gives customers the chance to win free energy and cash prizes through our customer Jackpot.
- Making a difference to the community. As others move away from the high street, Utilita have opened several Retail Hubs across the country. Helping to integrate into the community by offering free use of community rooms and a local service.
In order to ensure we can do all of that, we provide:
- A continuous development culture, through our leadership programmes, apprenticeships and learning platforms.
- Employee engagement we appreciate our staff and want to know what they think. We were recently awarded “2 Stars” by the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, a vote of confidence from our staff that we’re doing lots of things right.
- We have a peer recognition scheme – the Great 8 – because we understand how good it feels to be valued and appreciated.
What part can you play in making a difference?
Working as part of a product team, software developers write the code to introduce new features and functionality into Utilita’s core business applications, web/mobile platforms and/or underlying database.
In association with other developers and QA engineers in the team, they are responsible for ensuring that the software features, changes, and fixes implemented by the team during feature sprints are functionally correct and stable before being deployed.
As part of the wider development organisation, they also provide support to the business for all development-related issues.
As an experienced C# Developer working in a DevOps and Agile environment, you will bring extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of C# .NET Core/.NET Frameworks, RESTful Web API applications, design patterns and SOLID development principles.
What do we need from you?
A degree in a computing related subject or equivalent qualification or relevant experience.
You will be experienced working with Git-based repositories – (BitBucket preferred, GitHub and a good understanding of continuous integration/delivery tools (Jenkins or GitLab).
You will have experience in public cloud deployments (AWS or Azure) and knowledge of containerisation, specifically Docker and Kubernetes.
Having experience of different IT development methodologies, particularly Agile/Scrum/DevOps would be advantageous.
What can we give back in return?
- A great work life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home, With occasional visits to the office for team days etc.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra – when they are back up and running! Including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle and Birmingham arenas.
- Discounted employee energy tariffs.
- Death in Service X2 base salary
- We are a patron of the Princes Trust and offer all our staff a paid volunteering day every year plus various fun fund raisers.
- A health care scheme that includes dental, eyecare, treatments and diagnostics health consultations.
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
- Access to hundreds of discounts including gym memberships, shops, restaurants, travel and accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Utilita Energy
Company Location: Chandlers Ford