Buyer Job at Fortis Recruitment Solutions in Basingstoke, Hampshire
My client, a leading engineering company based in Basingstoke are looking to recruit a buyer on a one year fixed term contract. The buyer will be placing external purchase orders and scheduling sub-contract operations on manufactured items in line with production requirements.
You will expediate both sub-contract and turnkey parts ensuing parts are delivered on time from suppliers and make sure that the supply chain has sufficient capacity for production needs. If the need arises you will identify and drive the introduction of new suppliers. The successful buyer will have proven experience negotiating supplier prices and putting pricing contracts in place.
Experience working in a precision engineering / assembly environment is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Purchasing & materials expediting from schedule to delivery
- Work order & purchase order flow, bookings and administration including invoice query resolution
- Creation of weekly supply chain schedules for each department
- Expediting and report to management on status and update of parts and purchase orders
- Representing Purchasing at daily production meetings, also liaising with the operational team and relevant Site Lead Operational Manager
- To maintain good customer and supplier relationships between departments and sub-contract vendors
- To ensure continuous supply of product to each manufacturing cell is on time and raise any non-conformance to schedule to the relevant authority
- Supplier management and owning the supplier relationship
- Supplier visits and/or video calls as required to manage the role and supplier performance and relationship
If you are an experienced buyer with a background in mechanical engineering looking for an opportunity with a great company who make a real world difference pleases apply now
Supply Chain Online
Company: Fortis Recruitment Solutions
Company Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire