Business Support Officer / Executive Assistant Job at UK Government – Office for National Statistics in London
The team acts as the point of contact for Directorate queries and manages communication of initiatives underway to all Directorate staff and stakeholders.
- Prioritisation and management of work flowing through the office;
- Actioning information requests;
- Providing guidance and support to staff;
- Working at pace with flexibility and discretion to effectively support the smooth running of the Directorate.
Due to the nature of this role it is key the Business Support Officer/Executive Assistant has a flexible approach to work and working flexibly with colleagues is able to provide the necessary service to support business delivery between operating hours of 9am-5pm .
- Administrative support which includes but is not limited to;
- Proactively managing inbox and calendar for DST Senior Leadership Team
- Meeting arrangements including awaydays, events and internal / external meetings / conferences, collation.
- Printing and presentation of meeting papers, minute taking, raising requisitions, stationery ordering point, arranging travel (including overseas), accommodation, car hire and expenses claims.
- Organise, manage and act as the Secretariat for Forums and Senior Leadership Team meetings, key stakeholders and the information flow between them, which includes:
- Minute taking.
- Preparing and circulating the agenda and minutes.
- Obtaining updates on previous action points.
- Preparing briefing papers and documentation for specific packages of work.
- Chasing outstanding papers.
- Manage interaction with a range of stakeholders, ensuring channels are handled in a professional manner.
- Act as the point of contact for Directorate-wide queries, ensuring all queries and requests are dealt with efficiently.
- Support the Deputy Directors and Head of Central Information Office (CIO) in identifying and driving priorities across the team and wider Directorate.
- Operate and effectively work as a team within a pool of business support resource. Provide operational, administrative and strategic support for the DST Senior Leadership Team.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues across the DST CIO to support collaborative working across DST and the wider ONS business.
- Assist in supporting the delivery of accurate management information, finance, communications and performance management activities within the Directorate.
- Potential line management responsibilities.
You’ll need to demonstrate the following essential skills:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships across functional and organisational boundaries.
- Proven ability to be proactive, work under pressure, respond quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised approach to workload with well-developed planning skills, attention to detail and ability to co-ordinate several activities in the same time frame, quickly analyse and resolve specific problems
- Experience of managing a complex diary is essential.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Able to appreciate other people’s views, however are confident to challenge if there are other angles to consider.
- You highly driven and enjoy motivating others to make things happen.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
The Office for National Statistics is part of the Civil Service, and as such we share a number of key benefits with other departments, whilst also having our own unique offerings to support our 5000+ valued employees across the business.
Whether you are hearing about us for the first time or already know a bit about our organisation, we hope that the benefits pack attached (bottom of page) will give you a great insight into the benefits and facilities available to our employees, and our fantastic working culture.
We are an organisation that takes the well-being of its employees seriously and lives and breathes the desire to modernise the workplace of the future. Everyone, from our office-based staff in Newport, London and Titchfield, to our field interviewers and airports and ports passenger survey staff, are part of a diverse and inclusive family.
Inclusion & Accessibility
At ONS we’re always looking to attract the very best people from the widest possible talent pool, and we are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer. As a member of the Business Disability Forum and a Disability Confident Leader we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
As part of our application process, you will be prompted to provide details of any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process that you need. If you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments before applying, please contact the recruitment team in the first instance.
If you would like an accessible version of any of the attachments or recruitment documents below or linked to in this advert, please contact the recruitment team who will be happy to assist.
Company: UK Government – Office for National Statistics
Company Location: London