Business Development Manager – Water Treatment Chemicals Job at Veolia in Manchester
Are you someone who wants to make a difference selling world leading water treatment products and services into customers and market’s needing innovative solutions?
At Veolia Water Technologies, we encourage entrepreneurial spirit, empowering our employees to make their own decisions to support the continued growth of our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The Water Treatment Chemicals services platform from Veolia Water Technologies provides speciality and general water treatment chemical conditioning services and equipment primarily for industrial clients. Through our expertise and service organisation we are able to provide services for a multiple of applications including boiler water, cooling, effluent and influent water and water reuse programs. The Water Treatment Chemical team has a great reputation in the Veolia business with excellent growth prospects so this is an amazing opportunity to join this team to grow the business further and make a real difference.
Where will I be working?
This is a field based role covering the Northern Region of the UK. We are flexible on where you live as long as you are happy to travel and have good links to the motorways.
What will I be doing?
As a Business Development Manager, you will be selling water treatment chemical solutions and services to prospects within the Northern Region of the UK Industrial market.
Your drive and enthusiasm will deliver new business growth in defined areas, offering insight data to customers to engage them in our products and services.
In this challenging and variable role you will plan daily sales activities, marketing initiatives and update the company’s CRM system. Building and maintaining strong internal & external customer relationships.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring sufficient sales activity, territory coverage and future prospect development to achieve individual set financial targets;
- Working closely with the marketing teams, developing growth targets and appropriate activities. Tracking, monitoring and measuring marketing and promotional activities;
- Understanding customer needs, presenting solutions and creation of proposals, with the delivery of added value to the customer central to the offering;
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth; offering insight data to support negotiation and overcome objections.
- Providing excellent service to the customer ensuring they are kept up to date with all progress;
- Provide a strong after sales support service to the customer to ensure longevity of the relationship;
- Attend trade shows and/or industry conferences to network, be a guest speaker or promote the business;
- Coordinate with all other UK Veolia teams as required, sharing best practices and insight.
What’s in it for me?
We are a global business, so you will benefit from a very broad exposure to Veolia. An individual induction and training plan will be designed for you. In addition a personal development plan will be provided to you to help you grow and develop within Veolia.
Veolia offers the following benefits to name a few;
- Competitive salary
- Company car
- Commission Scheme – quarterly paid
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And alsoGroup Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)
Do I have what it takes?
Being able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours will be advantageous:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills, able to engage people in our technologies, products and services;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and the wider business.
- Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organised approaches to work;
- Resilient to objections, pressure and change;
- Passionate about customer service with the ability to listen to customer needs and offer solutions;
- Actively seeks innovative ways to improve processes, products, and customer experience;
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close a deal;
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Demonstrates superior judgment and excels at utilising information to build business case and enact positive change;
- Understands the hierarchy and culture of customer and supplier organisations and is able to identify the decision makers and influencers;
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures;
- Presents a professional image with ability to form strong relationships with customers, colleagues and wider Veolia business;
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- Competent computer literacy;
- Knowledge of and ability to use CRM tools such as Salesforce.
Experience and Education
Due to the technical nature of selling water treatment chemical solutions, you will have a Science, Environmental or Engineering Degree or be qualified by experience.
Sales experience within the market is not critical, although your personal attributes will need to demonstrate that you are someone who will drive the business forward selling water treatment chemical solutions in this market.
Company Location: Manchester