Behaviour Teaching Assistant required in Nuneaton (Secondary) Job at GSL Education Ltd in Nuneaton
Behaviour Teaching Assistant required in Nuneaton (Secondary)
GSL Education is currently working with a vibrant SEN Secondary School in Nuneaton.
The school caters for children and young people with SEMH, Autism and Challenging Behaviour
These roles are to start on a bank/ supply basis, however there is potential for the role to become long term for the right candidate.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and delivering creative lessons
· Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
· Providing 1:1 and small group behaviour interventions.
· Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child centred approach.
· Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
· Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
· Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 interventions to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
· Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
The ideal candidate will have:
· A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
· Clear communication skills
· A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
· Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour.
· Ideally Team Teach trained.
· Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
· Provide two professional child related references
If you are from a Psychology, Youth Worker, Sports Coach, Life Coach or Mentoring background and you feel you have the right knowledge and training to make a difference we would love to hear from you.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant Gugs on 07534975592 or email as soon as possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £65.00-£85.00 per day
Company: GSL Education Ltd
Company Location: Nuneaton