Battery Centre Manager Jobs in Stockton-on-Tees – England at Johnson Matthey Plc
Title: Battery Centre Manager
Company: Johnson Matthey Plc
Location: Stockton-on-Tees – England
Type: Full Time
Category: Management, Quality Control
Position: Battery Application Centre Manager
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
Our Battery Materials Sector is recruiting for a Centre Manager to safely, effectively, and efficiently manage our Battery Application Centre in Billingham.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to drive excellence in testing methods, via leadership of dedicated teams for electrode fabrication, cell assembly and testing, and materials analytical assessment. The successful candidate will be able to deliver high quality data in a fast-paced automotive-facing industrial environment, which is vital to enable wins on customer programmes.
· Provide leadership and accountability to the business for the Battery Application Centre across all activities and staff in the centre
· Lead the facility management team to maintain infrastructure and equipment, ensuring maintenance is performed, that the facility is adhering to UK legislative standards and that the facility uptime is optimised
· Responsible for health, safety, and environmental management of the facility, ensuring adherence to UK legislative requirements and JM policies including training of all staff
· Coordinate all electrochemical and analytical testing activities with a remit for on-time, effective and quality analysis of materials, utilising industry best practice for operational management systems and aligned to global quality requirements
· Manage and recruit a high-quality team for electrochemical and analytical testing to deliver to internal and external customers and to achieve crucial business objectives
· Coordinate effective, and quality provision of test data for customers and development projects
· Manage the on-boarding of new methods, equipment, and technologies into the Application Centre from research, development and testing teams and provide effective roll-out of these to other locations
· Support, plan and provision research, development and testing equipment and capability in the Battery Application Centre to enable high paced projects for the Applications team
· Maintain alignment against the Application Testing Quality Management System and other Application Centres as well as aligning with global systems
· Align with Global Quality team to ensure automotive audit standards are met, including quality management systems, management responsibility, focus on resource management, and continuous improvement
· Host customer visits and interactions to showcase the new centre advancing JM’s customer relationships, and understanding of our capabilities
· Manage and be accountable for the capital and operating budget for the Battery Application Centre
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Technical degree in a relevant area with strong commercial and managerial experience
· Significant experience in centre and facility management, and the operation of an operational centre
· Experience in a business environment on the performance attributes of battery or similar materials for real-world applications
· Demonstrable experience of delivering best-in-class testing results for internal and external customers
· Ability to lead a growing team and create a shared purpose/vision, building competencies, ensuring development opportunities, and maintaining team morale whilst delivering under pressure
· Ability to communicate effectively to different audiences and build collaborative and strategic working relation…