Backend Engineer : Golang Job at Additional Resources UK Limited in Southampton
Salary: up to GBP 60,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
My client who is a leading industrial software company with headquarters in the UK and regional offices around the world are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer with extensive Golang development experience to support Fortune 500 global organizations in enabling predictive maintenance at scale.
Their team of engineers consist of software engineers, data scientists, UI experts, physicists and mechanical engineers. Following successful investment funding and strong traction from large multi: national clients, they are now looking to expand the engineering team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Backend Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing and roll out of new features and services. You will be involved in collaborating with the rest of the team to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
Their stack consists of predominantly Golang backend, with Python, Mongo, Redis, Neo4j and InfluxDB data storage, Service oriented architecture, AWS, Azure, Docker + ECS/Kubernetes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You must have minimum of 3 years experience building complex applications with modern best practices (e.g. test: driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews.)
- You have extensive experience with the building blocks of scalable cloud systems: Linux, Containers and service: oriented architecture
- You must have deep knowledge of software engineering principles: object: oriented design, algorithmic complexity, software design patterns
- You must have experience writing clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems under deadline pressure. You test everything.
- You must have extensive Golang development experience
- You must have experience working as part of a team on a rapidly growing application and codebase. Comfortable in a culture of fast iteration
- Flexible working hours and remote working options available
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Pension
- Opportunity to work within an experienced and friendly team
- Hack Days
Sounds like you then there are opportunities for an ambitious and driven individual to progress their career and make a difference to the future success of the business For immediate consideration please send a copy of your most up: to: date CV.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Company: Additional Resources UK Limited
Company Location: Southampton