Backend Developer Job at IT Roadway in Hinckley
IT Roadway are a consultancy firm providing IT solutions to medium to large businesses.
As the company grows, we are looking for a qualified back-end developer to join our IT team. You will be responsible for the back-end of our projects and should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional work.
A PHP Developer writes beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. We are looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- PHP developer: 3 years (Preferred)
- software development: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: IT Roadway
Company Location: Hinckley