Backend Developer Job at Thought Collective in Belfast
Thought Collective was established in 1999 and quickly developed a reputation for delivering highly effective design projects across a broad spectrum of sectors.
We are a full service branding agency. Our work includes strategy, naming, copy writing, logo and mark design, brand frameworks, website development, web application development, intranet development, print design and ancillary marketing services.
To complement our digital services we have expertise in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) analysis and consultancy, mobile application development, website hosting and management, social network consultancy and other supporting proprietary products. Our team provide training, alongside ongoing helpdesk support and maintenance for the projects we deliver.
We are on the lookout for a new developer to join our team as we work on a variety of interactive projects with a wide range of clients and collaborators. This role will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure. The appointed candidate will work closely with designers, strategists and front end developers to code solutions to real world problems.
Summary of the role
Your time will be split between working on new development projects and supporting existing clients and codebases.
PHP, MySQL and server management skills are a must. The ability to communicate technical concepts in plain English is essential as there will be regular contact with non-tech clients.
We seek a talented, hard-working problem solver, who is eager to learn and discover new technologies in a rapidly changing arena.
You will collaborate with the wider development team and third party contractors, reporting to our Digital Director. Performance will be measured against project deadlines and the quality of the product produced.
- Real world experience of working with PHP frameworks and systems, ideally in Craft CMS, Laravel or WordPress
- Problem solving skills – capable of working individually and with wider input to solve complex integrations and client needs
- Desire to strive for perfection in UI and UX as part of the wider brand experience
- Able to work in a variety of languages and frameworks and adapt quickly
- Understand and uphold the company values, working for the good of our clients
- Willingness to work unsocial hours where necessary
- Experience in planning and developing APIs
- Experience in another development team would be a bonus
- Company supplied laptop and workstation
- Flexible working based on a 37.5 hour week
- Opportunities to be part of a team that will help you to learn and grow your skills
- Relaxed working atmosphere and strong team dynamic
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- PHP development: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Thought Collective
Company Location: Belfast