Audio Test Engineer Job at Glensound Electronics Ltd in Maidstone
An Electronics Test Engineer is required to join a small but long established manufacturing company in Maidstone town centre, to test state-of-the-art audio broadcast equipment.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of analogue & digital electronics and will be able to repair circuits at component level. Recent experience of repairing electronic circuits is required however a newly qualified enthusiastic graduate would also be considered.
The position involves:
- Working to component level from drawings
- Re-working fine pitched smt components
- Following test procedures or developing them if none exist
- Documenting and record keeping
- Loading firmware in microprocessors
- Checking network circuits and windows based software
- Working with audio and testing for noise, distortion, frequency etc
- Sometimes testing a batch of 100 units and other times just 1 or 2
- Liaising with design engineers and also assembly operatives
- Occasionally assembling products prior to test
This is a 6 month fixed term contract, with the anticipation that it will lead to a full time position. Working hours are: 40 hours per week, 08.30 to 12.30 and 13.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday.
Reference ID: Test Engineer
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 11/12/2020
Expected start date: 04/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £25,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
A strict 2 metre policy is in place, face masks must be worn while moving around buildings. Daily temperature tests are performed, all buildings have hand sanitizer at their entrances and masks are supplied if required.
- electronic testing: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Glensound Electronics Ltd
Company Location: Maidstone