Assistant Manager, External Affairs Jobs in London – England at KPMG
Title: Assistant Manager, External Affairs
Location: London – England
Type: Full Time
Category: Administrative, Management
Assistant Manager – External Affairs
Overview Job Description
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
An Assistant Manager is required to help coordinate the firm’s external affairs function, support the delivery of KPMG’s external affairs strategy, monitor relevant political and public policy developments, and oversee a two-way flow of relevant information to government and client facing commercial teams.
Purpose for strong political engagement
As a global organisation and responsible business, KPMG has a societal obligation and a voice to contribute to public debate around legal, regulatory and policy issues that affect our business and that of our clients at a local, national and European level.
We are a responsible business
As a large UK business with a diverse client base, KPMG is well-placed to provide a voice and convening power on issues affecting a wide range of UK enterprises: from start-ups to multinational businesses. With our experience of issues facing businesses and our professional expertise, we have a responsibility to raise our voice in policy debate where we could add our expertise in influencing decisions connected with how business operates.
Shaping the debate
Decisions made by our elected representatives can either facilitate or restrict the work that we do and shape the business and economic environment in which we and our clients operate. It is essential that we engage in building strong relationships with Government, legislators and regulators. At this time, the audit sector is under a great deal of scrutiny in the UK and overseas and significant changes to the regulatory regime, the market and the audit ‘product’ itself are being debated. It is critical that KPMG maintains a strong voice in these conversations.
Role & Responsibilities
• Assist in the development and delivery of the firm’s external affairs strategy, including monitoring key political developments, providing briefings for senior KPMG staff, and stakeholder management in relation to the audit, accounting and corporate reporting debate but also more widely as required.
• Assist the firm’s external political engagement with government departments, parliamentarians, industry bodies and think tanks on issues relevant to KPMG.
• Assist the development and maintenance of internal and external stakeholder networks to support the external affairs function.
Project manage and / or support relevant colleagues in project managing the firm’s reactive response to the audit debate and its development of proactive thought leadership ideas and themes. This includes ‘holding the pen’ and driving the timetable to ensure internal co-ordination and buy in.
• Assist in issues management, working with the press office and internal comms within corporate affairs, and the wider firm where required.
• Mapping stakeholder groups in relation to the range of issues affecting our sector.
• Supporting the creation and delivery of the firm’s activity programme at party conference, and other external events.
• Assisting with the coordination of our engagement activity with membership bodies.
• Draft briefings, core scripts and other support to principals when engaging politically and in public policy deb…