Assistant Leader of English Job at in Emsworth, Hampshire
ASSISTANT LEADER OF ENGLISH (with responsibility for KS3) TMS/UPS + TLR
Required as soon as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to contribute to outstanding learning and achievement for our students.
We are seeking a well-qualified and outstanding practitioner to support with the leadership and management of the English curriculum team and teach across Key Stages 3 and 4. The successful candidate will be a creative individual, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life. We are looking for an outstanding teacher, who is able to enthuse and motivate students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires our students and colleagues.
- Be creative in designing, upholding and delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum.
- Believe that every student can and will succeed.
- Be flexible, collaborative, strategic and resilient.
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme.
- Have the highest ambitions for our students, the school and themselves.
- Have the ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results.
- Have excellent organisational and ICT skills.
- Have the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Have an enthusiasm for English and the ability to share this with students.
- Have excellent subject knowledge.
- Achieve outstanding student outcomes.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the community we serve.
- Uphold school policy and promote our whole school ethos: “Aspiration, Innovation, Motivation”.
Additionally, the successful candidate will need to have the ability to:
- Support the Leader of English, facilitating the curriculum team to successfully raise attainment, achievement and standards.
- Enhance the teaching practice of others within the department and beyond to ensure the best learning outcomes for all students.
- Maintain a shared pedagogy within the team, based on proven outstanding practices and in line with school policy.
- Support the Leader of English in regular Quality Assurance reviews, including learning walks, progress checks and work scrutiny and provide feedback to staff.
- Scrutinise departmental data and organise effective and appropriate intervention where necessary.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including colleagues, parents, the Governing Body and members of the community we serve.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a challenging, engaging and successful curriculum at Key-Stage-Three.
Bourne Community College is a mixed comprehensive Trust school for students aged eleven to sixteen and is situated on the border of West Sussex and Hampshire, with the beautiful South Downs and surrounding villages to the north and the coastal waters of Chichester Harbour to the south.
Within the College we have a strong focus on high quality teaching and learning, supported by excellent staff development and an active student voice group. We believe that the very best learning takes place when students and adults work together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. We, of course, have very high expectations for our students’ behaviour and they in turn can have equally high expectations for the quality of their lessons.
The English Department
We are a collaborative and motivated team who have a passion for teaching and seeing our students achieve their potential.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30 November 2020 at 9.00am
Interview date: Monday 7 December 2020
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Posted Date: 6 November 2020
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
Interview Date: 7 December 2020
West Sussex County Council Schools
Company Location: Emsworth, Hampshire