Apprentice Engineering Fitter Job at ENGINEERING TRUST TRAINING LIMITED – in Ipswich
To maintain the asphalt plant and mobile plant as required in order to ensure the highest levels of safety at all times and ensure the plant is available for the production of material in accordance with specified standards and customer order requirements.
- Ensuring a high level of inspection and preventative maintenance is undertaken in accordance with defined preventative maintenance schedules
- Safe and timely reaction to breakdown situations
- Fabricating including welding to a high standard
- Fault investigation and rectification
- Inspection of lifting equipment/ladders/tools and equipment
- Identifying risks and hazards, identifying and implementing effective control measures
- Static and mobile plant maintenance as required
- Good time management skills – high level of flexibility including nights/weekends and callout. Willing to assist at other locations as and when required
- Team player
- Supervision of others, including sub-contractors
- A good work ethic and high standards
- Promoting and working safely, identifying and reporting “near miss” situations
You would also be responsible for:
- Plant availability
- Plant efficiency
- Customer satisfaction
- Material quality
- Maximum use of low energy and recycling equipment
- Care for the environment, compliance with legislated operational parameters
Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician Level 3
- In-House Competency Training Plan (Skills).
- If not already achieved. Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (College 1 day per week over 2 years).
- Level 2 Functional Skills (if not exempt)
- End Point Assessment
BTEC Level 3 in Engineering
A minimum of A Levels at grade 5 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in relevant subjects, e.g Physics, Maths, Science
Our ideal candidate will be hardworking and be a good team player. We are also looking for someone who is personable and able to form good relationships with other colleagues and sub contractors. The person needs to have a ‘safety first’ approach and be able to identify risks.
- Willing to participate and help out
- Co-operation and creating a good team spirit
- Listening and acting on feedback
- Communication Skills
- Good IT skills
- Be able to plan and organise
- To be able to set priorities
- To be able to make decisions on own initiative and with others
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to be clear, concise and accurate
- To be able to listening and act on feedback
- Sets and maintains high standards to ensure quality
Long term prospects include a supervisory role.
There is often an opportunity to earn overtime which can significantly increase earnings.
Company: ENGINEERING TRUST TRAINING LIMITED –
Company Location: Ipswich