Applications Engineer Job at Infinitesima Ltd in Abingdon
Semiconductor devices provide the foundations on which progress in the technology sector are enabled. From Smartphones to Artificial Intelligence, 5G communications to autonomous vehicles, all are made possible through advances in semiconductor processes. Scaling these processes requires sub-nanometer measurement of increasingly complex 3D structures to enable more powerful devices. At Infinitesima we have pioneered a revolutionary atomic precision 3D metrology technology which has been qualified by leading companies in the semiconductor industry and we believe is essential for continued progress. To quote Lord Kelvin, ‘If you can’t measure it you can’t improve it!’. Come and join our dynamic team to enable the semiconductors for tomorrow’s technological developments.
To support this activity, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Applications Engineer to join our team. This role will require a dynamic individual, who is excellent at problem solving and working autonomously. A significant part of this role will be in the support of customers globally and will therefore require international travel. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on innovative technology and on leading edge semiconductor applications.
Reports to: The Applications Engineer reports to the Applications Manager
· The Applications Engineer is a key player and technical contributor within the Applications team. The primary focus of this role will be to support business development, both at Infinitesima and working at customer sites. It will encompass measuring customer samples, solving problems and developing methods to demonstrate the capability of the RPM at its best. To liaise with customers, understand their needs and ensure these are accurately communicated back to head office. It will require close working with the industry experts to understand their current and future requirements.
· Experience of probe microscopy is a must preferentially in an environment where problem solving can be demonstrated. Additionally, experience of the semiconductor manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
· Support Marketing team in business development, through running samples, presenting data, writing reports, conference presentations and other means
· Support the customer in data collection and method development, understand their applications and ensure that this use case knowledge is communicated through the company.
· Present the product and associated results to customers in a professional way.
· Be the support contact for applications related activities with customers.
· Trouble shoot (with the support of the factory) as required to keep the tools running successfully.
· Drive applications projects to meet customer requirements.
· An ambitious technical leader, comfortable working with technical experts and managers including customers, end users and suppliers.
Education / Qualifications:
· Masters Degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering discipline or equivalent
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
· Extensive experience in probe microscopy (AFM) or nano imaging
· Experience in managing characterisation and demonstration activities for metrology equipment suppliers
· Sales support experience, ideally working with analytical instrumentation
· Experience in communicating and supporting customers
· Capability to communicate complex scientific information
· Capability to work in multi-functional teams, communicating ideas, and solving problems
· Fluent in written and oral technical English with excellent presentation skills, able to effectively communicate complex concepts
· Ability to travel globally (Covid permitting)
· Extensive experience in the Semiconductor industry, ideally in the metrology area.
· Proven project management experience
· Operation and use of industrial scanning electron microscopes (SEM).
In addition to a competitive starting salary and a yearly bonus. Infinitesima offers flexible working hours, 25 days annual leave, personal pension contributions and EMI Share scheme.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Note to recruitment agencies: Infinitesima Ltd only works with approved agencies and does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not submit candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Infinitesima Ltd employees. Infinitesima Ltd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £46,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Infinitesima run a fully Covid safe site
Company: Infinitesima Ltd
Company Location: Abingdon