Android Developer- Accommodation Tech – Relocation to Amsterdam Job at Booking.com in London
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and the most varied selection of properties.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travellers and the accommodation partners.
- Builds and delivers app-wide features, systems and services – regardless of the technology and programming language;
- Identifies and escalates flaws and potential issues of app-related infrastructure;
- Continuously improves services they own making them more performant, and utilising resources in the most optimised way;
- Lead initiatives for improvement of development processes and business opportunities for your team’s product and the company as a whole;
- Identify, foster, and proactively help colleagues to grow professionally, taking a significant role in on-boarding new team members;
- Represent Booking.com values both in the company and in the external community;
- Advocate a collaborative working environment – make “my ideas” into “our ideas”;
- Lead, manage and resolve technical or design discussions or conflicts;
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
We expect our developers to know the ins and outs of the Android framework and to deliver polished products customers want to use. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and are not afraid of solving challenges due to our large scale.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer with Java and/or Kotlin and other languages;
- At least 3 years of this experience must be from working with Android SDK;
- Strong interaction and design sense, excellent attention to detail;
- Experience with automated testing and deployment of Android apps;
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player.
- Experience with Google Play Store & Apps Distribution Process;
- An approved Play Store app;
- Experience with server-driven UI framework development;
- Experience working with A/B testing;
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Get notified for similar jobs
You’ll receive updates once a week
Enter Email addressActivate
The power of explorationAt Booking.com, your career isn’t just a job. It’s a way to experience a whole world of new cultures, perspectives and possibilities.
Career Site Cookie Settings
Follow Planet Booking
Job Type: Full-time
Company Location: London