Accounts & Finance Manager for SME Job at Vin-X Limited in Horsham
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be an experienced Accounts & Finance Manager within a similar sized SME.
As part of its continued growth strategy we are seeking a hands on commercially focused Accounts & Finance Manager based at our office in Horsham, West Sussex. An immediate start is available.
We are looking for an operational finance professional who is keen to drive change through systems and processes with the chance to work, grow and learn in an exciting industry. Experience in operational finance is essential.
As a key appointment to the management team you will report to the CEO and be responsible for the provision of high-quality financial information. You must be comfortable handling highly sensitive information whilst able to work independently and lead a small team confidently on behalf of others.
Key responsibilities: –
· Proactive analysis of business models and advising the board appropriately.
· Provide management information on all commercial transactions.
· Ensure that business systems accurately reflect all of the above activities and are promptly updated with any changes.
· Implement improvement processes and systems to deliver effective and robust financial controls.
· Preparation of management accounts and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cashflow projections.
· Contributing to month end processes to include balance sheet and bank reconciliation’s, calculating accruals and prepayments and producing the trial balance.
· Presentation of the monthly reporting pack for submission to the senior management team.
· Preparation and submission of the quarterly VAT return.
· Preparation of the year end accounts for audit and dealing with queries.
· Preparation of stock management reports.
· Carry out project work as required.
Experience and qualifications: –
· Previous experience of finance systems and processes in an SME environment with a £10m turnover.
· Ability to manage change.
· Previous experience as an accounts & finance manager managing a finance team.
· Qualified accountant or part qualified by experience.
· Proven track record of delivering financial information to a high standard and on time.
· A high level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
· Analytical skill and forecasting ability.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
· Ability to evoke change.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
· Commercially focused with strong management and relationship building skills.
· Advance knowledge of Sage 50 v26.
· Advanced knowledge at using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to produce financial reports.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a dynamic friendly team.
Vin-X is one of the world’s leading specialists in fine wine investment. Celebrating 10 years of providing bespoke wine investment solution to individuals, companies and other organisations. For further information on Vin-X please visit our website at www.vin-x.com.
Application deadline: 23/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
Our offices are spacious so distancing is not an issue. Social distancing measures are provided throughout the offices and building.
- Accounts & Finance Management: 2 years (Required)
Company: Vin-X Limited
Company Location: Horsham