Accountant – Credit Controller Job at Sterling Ventures UK Ltd in Birmingham
Job: Accountant, Credit Controller and Administrator
Established importer and wholesale Cash and Carry of household and catering disposable goods. Located in Birmingham, we are looking for a permanent candidate to join our existing team to manage all the Credit Control as well as administrative duties. You should be able to work in an efficient and methodical manner and always have a professional attitude towards our customers. You will be given training on how to use our in-house POS software and have a willingness to learn how the system works. Knowledge of MS Office is beneficiary.
Main responsibilities will include:
· Review of bookkeeping data
· Preparation of management and financial accounts
· Preparation of self assessment and corporation tax returns
· Preparation of business plans and forecasts
- Actively contact debtors via telephone or email for outstanding invoices due.
- Raise invoices, issue credit notes, reconcile accounts, update stock, book deliveries.
- Accurately and reliably record all actions in relevant contact management systems for internal & external audit purposes
- Providing accurate, timely and meaningful reports on the ageing and status of – and issues surrounding – the sales ledgers, communicating with all relevant internal customers & senior management.
You will possess:
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA with a minimum 2 years experience.
- Technically competent in all aspects of Accounts and preparations of Quarterly VAT Returns
- Balance sheet reconcilations
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable, able to adjust quickly to changes in processes/ways of working
- Good understanding of Accounts, Credit Control, having held a Credit Control position previously with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Prior experience of Microsoft Excel
- Expereince Previous exposure to Sage or Quickbooks
- Advanced Excel, numerical and Analytical skills
Hours: Full Time
Salary – £22,000.00 – £26,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
Reference ID: Accountant – Accountant -Credit Controller
Expected start date:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Accounting : 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
Company: Sterling Ventures UK Ltd
Company Location: Birmingham