99 Squadron Administrative Assistant Job at UK Government – Ministry of Defence in Carterton
- General administration tasks to ensure that the Admin Office runs effectively and smoothly at all times with minimal disturbance to Squadron personnel.
- Assisting in the control of entry to 99 Squadron, ensuring the Admin Office and everything contained within is secured appropriately at all times.
- Actioning Move and Track onto JPA data system for all Squadron personnel
- Producing and maintaining documents contained within the 99 Squadron Sharepoint Site, including NATO Travel Orders, USA Medical Exemption Letters, Squadron Nominal Role, Squadron Social register, and Telephone Directory.
- Daily F5200 filing for all aircrew personnel, distribution of mail delivered to the Squadron daily from the Station Registry and requesting of Stationery for the Squadron.
- Any other duties detailed by either the Sqn Chief Clerk, Deputy Flight Commander Executive, Second in Command, or Officer Commanding 99 Squadron.
All personnel on 99 Squadron are responsible for ensuring that the RAF Brize Norton Diversity and Inclusion Policy is implemented and are to ensure that their behaviour and personal conduct is exemplary at all times and all colleagues are treated with fairness, decency and respect.
Individuals will be responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the Station Data Protection Act are strictly adhered to and that advice is sought from the Station Data Protection Officer where necessary.
The ideal candidate will need to be IT Literate, and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, SharePoint and other components. You will also have to be comfortable with the fact that you will not have a consistent, long standing line manager due to the nature of the military environment and rotation of personnel within the Squadron.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
On Site Parking
Access to on-site fitness and leisure facilities (gym, pool, sports clubs)
Any move to MOD from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax-Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
The post does not offer relocation expenses
External recruits who join the MOD who are new to the Civil Service will be subject to a six month probation period
Expenses incurred for travel to interviews will not be reimbursed.
Company: UK Government – Ministry of Defence
Company Location: Carterton